Solomia (real name – Olena Karpenko) is a singer, songwriter, composer, poet and host. She writes and performs music in various styles, such as jazz, blues, rock and world.
Solomia’s voice enchanted monarchs, presidents and top-diplomats of the world. Fascinating timbre, deep lyrics and stylish piano arrangements create a unique exquisite atmosphere, worth of the most demanding and sophisticated public.
When Ukraine celebrated the 20th Anniversary of Independence Solomia, being invited by the Head of the European Council, performed a solo concert in Strasbourg (2011).
In 2015 Solomia performed “Oranta” during the New York Fashion Week. It was a signature composition of the Ukrainian show.
“Mermaid” was featured in the documentary “Mother’s Heart. Gongadze” (directed by S.Bihun, 2015).
“Funambulist” was one of the face songs of the Orange Revolution in Ukraine (2004).
“Make Your Step!” became an anthem of the Kyiv beauty contest (1998).
Solomia composes in Ukrainian, English and Russian.
She performs both in Ukraine and abroad.
In 2007 Solomia won Toronto Exclusive Magazine Awards World Song Contest (Canada) in the nomination Best International Adult Contemporary Female Artist. At the same competition her song «I Realize» was nominated in for the Best International Adult Contemporary Song.
Solomia received four Honorary Mentions of the Billboard World Song Contest (USA) for songs «I Realize» (2007), «My Love!» (2007), «Not Perfect» (2009) and «Inner Voice» (2009).
In 2007 she got to the finals of Song of the Year International Songwriting Competition (USA) and won the Pan-Ukrainian «Shevchenko-Fest» (Ukraine).
In 2009 she was a semi-finalist of the national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest.
In 1996 she became a laureate of Ukrainian vocal competition “Your Talents, Ukraine” and “Sweet-singing Nightingale” Festival (Bulgaria).
• Solomia (2007),
• Rondo (2011),
• Birthday (2011) /original title – “День народження”.
**Songs, featured in international CD compilations:**
• Funambulist (“Young Stars Of Ukraine”, 2005);
• My Alphabet (“Just Talents”, USA, 2007);
• I Realize (“Positive Music”, USA, 2007).
**Personal musical projects:**
• Solomia – solo acoustic project (since 2005);
• ARATTA – international rock band (since 2009);
• Radio For Kids – songs for children in Ukrainian (since 2010);
• Angel’s Schoolbook – American-Ukrainian jazz project (since 2012).
• Humanitarian faculty of the National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy”, BA (1998-2002);
• Master Program of Journalism of the National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy”, MA (2002-2005);
• Vocal Faculty of the National Music Academy of Ukraine (classes of G.Sukhorukova and L.Garmash, 2003-2007).
Paula Abdul made a nostalgic return to American Idol to fill in for host Luke Bryan after he recently tested positive for C-19.
The guitar Phoebe Bridgers smashed during her performance on SNL sold for $101,500 at the LGBTQ+ advocacy organization GLAAD’s auction.